Wednesday, February 15, 2012

SXSW Roomshare

I've been going down to Austin for SXSW every year since 2010 (I know, late to the party).  Each year, I scrounge craigslist for a cheap room rental because my internet connection and computer are too shitty to actually book a decent, affordable hotel room the second dates are announced.

This year, I landed a deal where I catsit for a lady and in exchange get her large 1-bedroom apartment for $50/night.  However, I would still like roommates if you're okay with cats.  There's a queen bed and a single futon, so honest-to-god sleeping space for 3 people, plus an air mattress.

The apartment is at 45th and Duval, a bit north of UT, with the #7 bus stopping right outside.  It should be about a 20-minute bus ride to 6th and Congress, with easy transfer or short walk from the bus to the shows on South Congress.  Google Maps says the apartment's about half a mile from a late night bus stop, as well, so we've got transportation available from 5 a.m. to 3 a.m. each day.

If you're interested, drop me a line for details and we'll split the rent evenly.

No comments:

Post a Comment