Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Another Road Trip in the Works

So I just found out I will be leaving work early and driving to Iowa on a Tuesday at the end of March.

My friend Wes and I have recently been kicking around the idea of trying to book a birthday show with some of our favorite bands.  I found out on Twitter this morning that two of our favorites are already playing a show together, less than a week before my birthday.  And it's $3.  And there's free pizza.  The down side is that it's in Iowa City, which is a good 3.5 hours from my apartment.

If you like music and you like carpooling to Iowa, then check out the lineup for the Mission Creek Festival in Iowa City.  Let me know if you'd like to tag along for Like Pioneers and The Poison Control Center at The Mill on March 27.

For those who are unfamiliar, this is well on its way to being my fantasy show lineup, Midwest edition.

The Poison Control Center play amazingly fun music and put on an incredibly energetic stage show and are also probably the nicest people on the planet.  Also, they never stop touring.  They may be the perfect indie rock band.

Like Pioneers is one of those projects where a group of awesome people come together to make something that might be better than the sum of its parts. If you have ever talked to me, you've heard me breathlessly explain why I love them, so we'll leave it at this is my favorite band and I have seen every one of their shows.  Also, their upcoming album?  Amazing.

Road trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment