Friday, February 3, 2012

More Last-Minute Plans

Trying to get a jump on show plans for February, I came across Tiny Fireflies, who are opening a show at Subterranean on the 16th.  (They're playing with Panda Riot, who are super cute, and Nerves Junior, who I think I missed seeing at CMJ because I decided to eat a giant slice of pizza, but I don't take very good notes on festivals, so who the hell knows?)  I got really, really excited and thought "aw, I wish they were playing now and not in two weeks."

Well, the Oh My Rockness e-mail that just hit my inbox says they are playing tonight, at an art opening at Saki at 7.  The event is 1) free, and 2) right by my house.  So I'll be there, right after I sacrifice a fatted calf to the gods of indie rock.

I'm kind of terrible at descriptions beyond "adorable" and "awesome" (which I've been informed are not actually musical genres), but the event page describes Tiny Fireflies as "dream pop," which sounds accurate enough.  Listen to them on bandcamp, then come hang out with me because I always feel so awkward seeing music at Saki alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment